Monday, April 6, 2009

I Heart Kindergarten Teachers...

...especially Aidan's teacher, Mrs. McG. She manages to maintain order while remaining sweet and kind with her students. She has this special clap that I am unable to recreate in my own home...it snaps those little guys out of whatever mischief they're into and they fall in line, no questions asked. Her "shhhs!" have this tone that commands silence (although I'm sure she'd say that it often falls on deaf ears). I have observed this on many occasions, and today was no exception. While cutting out a million (actually, it was 100) little raindrops out of blue construction paper this morning, I prayed a silent thank you for all that she does, and for the countless kindergarten teachers doing the very same thing every day. Aidan has learned so much this year, comes home happy every day and never has a complaint about school. I know that is in large part thanks to Mrs. McG!

No comments: