Friday, May 29, 2009

Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo

I know I'm behind on blog posts...with school ending and all that jazz, I've been super busy! A few weeks ago, we took a long anticipated 3 hour drive north to Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo. We arrived the night before, checked into our hotel room, met up with our fun friends who came along, and went for a swim. The zoo was literally just down the street...so convenient!

Let me just say that I've been to a lot of big zoos. I love our little Kansas City Zoo. Omaha Zoo did NOT disappoint — it was awesome! I think it holds its own next to some of the best zoos in the country. We started with the penguins (they had Mia's faves, the Macaroni penguins), and we moved through the aquarium, which was fantastic. Bob even thought it was better than the Monterrey Bay Aquarium, which are some big shoes to fill. They had a glass tunnel like Sea World's, where you walk under huge sharks and sting rays. Most of our photos are from the acquarium and the butterfly house because our camera pooped out after that. I'm hoping our buddies have some photos for us?




Another favorite was the "Kingdoms of the Night" exhibit where we saw all types of nocturnal animals. They even had a swamp, complete with the scariest, hungriest crocs (or were they 'gators?) you've ever seen. We hope to make another trip up to the zoo this summer!

3 comments:

valerie said...

That looks so fun! We need to make a trip up there.
You guys are always doing fun things with the kids.

Amy said...

We went there last July before we moved to Texas, and LOVED it! That swamp was so awesome (and yet scary when we saw the crocs... or gators)

Karina said...

I have photos for you. I just need to take a moment out of my day and put them on that site you set up. I hope it's easy--I'm not computer savvy!