Friday, August 7, 2009

The Wallace Visit: Science City

On Steve and Francine's last day, we headed back downtown to Science City at Union Station, but not before stopping off at Oklahoma Joe's. It's KC barbecue at it's finest. It's in a gas station, people, and the Z-Man sandwich is to die for. Brisket in any form is fine by me, but Oklahoma Joe's does it right. Anthony Bourdain even said that it's one of the 13 places to eat before you die...that's what I kept telling Mike while we waited with 10 kids in a line full of college kids and business people on their lunch break...in a gas station. I'm thankful that Francine said "it's all about the experience," and it was. Mike was a tad underwhelmed, but I can rest knowing that I exposed them to some proper KC BBQ (we also went to an adults only dinner at Jack Stack, another BBQ fave).

It was a feat getting seats close to each other. Note Bob in his BBQ-induced stupor.


The kids agreed with Anthony Bourdain...


Next stop, Science City


The boys...

1 comment:

The Wallace Family said...

It was a great trip. Thanks!!!