Sunday, August 2, 2009

Snakes & Terrariums...

I have a mountain of blog posts to catch up on...pretty much most of June and July. In June, we headed out with some of our friends to Park Place for a gardening class and a visit from the Reptile Guy. It's an adorable little shopping center that manages to evoke a small town main street in the middle of the 'burbs. Plus, they've done a great job with community events — we watched E.T. outdoors earlier this spring there and dined at Ingredient, a super yummy restaurant. The day started with storytime, then a lesson on terrariums. After selecting their plants and accessories (they all chose frogs or turtles) they planted their mini gardens.




Here's the Reptile Guy...this was one big snake. Every other minute, Mia was asking if she could go up there and hold "it." He had snakes, lizards and turtles...and Mia wanted to hold every single one. Have I mentioned that she wants to be the American Bindi?



"Pst. Reese. You distract him while I run up and grab that 150 pound python."

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ha! I love your commentary!! So fun! where is this place?!!

Olivia W. said...

Amy, Park Place is right next to Town Center...just a small little shopping area with a couple of restaurants.

Jenni said...

Love this post! Probably cuz my kids are in it! HAHA. Great pictures, great commentary, great fun with the Wallace Fam!!