Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Christmas in January

Last week, we got Walmart gift cards for Christmas in the mail from Bob's parents, so the kids each picked out a couple of presents. On Tuesday, we got some packages from the Gookin side. The kids got some cool toys and books and Bob and I got a really cute blanket...Thanks for all the cool presents!!

I've actually been wanting to get this book for a while.


I've never seen a puzzle like this before...it's magnetic and 3-D!


Funny story. Aidan got a little poke in the eye at the open gym (see previous post) and spent the next 2 days squinting. I think he must've gotten a little scratch on his eye.


My stepmom Darlene had asked for a photo of the kids...little did I know it would result in this super cool blanket! Good call! I love that Mia's peace sign will be forever memorialized in this blanket! Last year, they sent a framed photo of our "family tree," which was a beautiful photo of a tree trunk with "Olivia + Bob" in a heart, with + Aidan, +Mia, +Jack "carved" into it. It was one of the best presents I got that year!

P.S. We did NOT have a new baby. In the background, Bob is holding a friend's baby we were watching that day. ;-)

6 comments:

Jenni said...

He squinted for TWO days??? I had no idea! So sorry for that, next time he has a race with Reese I'll tell her to tuck her flailing arms! Dang.

Jenni said...

Oh, and love the blanket! What thoughtful gifts you always get!

Amy said...

mad4kat8Oh, I LOVE the blanket! That is seriously so awesome!

The Brugger Bunch said...

I LOVE the blanket! What a darling idea! Now every time you are snuggling with it, you will have your little ones wrapped tightly around you! What fun, I want Christmas in January!

Semiprecious1 said...

Holy cow, that's stinkin' cute! And btw, I check your blog once a week(ish) so be nice!

Love ya!
amy

Olivia W. said...

Ok, ok, I forgive you. I could never be mad at you anyway! ;-)