On New Year's Day, we took it easy. My family started showing up in the afternoon, and my mom and I started cooking our New Year's feast. We like doing Italian every new year, complete with my Dad's recipe for Milanese, which is breaded steak. It's not exactly low fat, but it's definitely delicious! I made a quick 'n' easy tiramisu, some ravioli with pesto, garlic bread and a lentil dish for good luck. I also made a baked brie which was beyond yummy!
Step 1: Pound out the pieces of meat
Step 3: Sport a cool cooking outfit...in this case my mom's wearing her Em Chamas tshirt, one of David's cage fighting sponsors.
Step 4: Fry in hot oil until done and a dark golden brown. Serve with lemon wedges.
Step 5: Mangia!
It's not a surprise that we spent the rest of the evening playing the Wii. Today's obsession? This crazy game, Order Up! It's a cooking game, and the guys were yelling and cheering as if they were playing any other guy game. It's actually highly addictive and a little stressful...



3 comments:
I'm sorry that you both weren't able to be at the party but we're glad that you got to come for a little while anyway--we especially loved the choc. cake!!!! Happy New Year and NO MORE SICKNESS!!!!!
Did I seriously not comment on the awesomeness of this post??!! I really liked getting to know your family from this! No really, I feel like I learned a lot about you guys, and you seem like such a great group of people! You should be proud to be a part of it all!
Ummm, sucked? ISn't that a little harsh? Ok, I'm kidding, we did totally suck but it was so dang fun! I would suck duo-in with you anytime sista!
Post a Comment