On Friday it was Aidan's 6th birthday. Finally, after a countdown that started weeks ago, Aidan was able to have the birthday of his dreams! Well, he did want a Bakugan party, but since I was unable to locate any Bakugan party paraphernalia, and feeling totally un-creative due to the added stress of the holiday, he had to settle for a Clone Wars party. A Clone Wars
Pool party that is. We had the party at the local rec center, which turned out to be a great facility. With temps in the teens, a dip in the pool was a fun way to spend the afternoon.
The bakery didn't have Star Wars cakes (hey: it's time to retire the Sponge Bob cake people!), and since I don't do cakes, I found some Star Wars figures to put on top. The kids totally believed that it was an official Star Wars cake.

Aidan and Tristan, Jedi Knights in training. Don't they totally look menacing?

As a simple, quiet and
cheap activity, we started out with a coloring contest. It totally bought us enough time before we could get into the pool.

Presents.

Waiting for the pool to open!

A special thanks to Ashley and Aunt Annie for being my skinny swim girls and getting in the pool with the kids so I didn't have to!





After the party was over, we picked up Daddy and headed to T-Rex, our favorite birthday dinner destination.

No comments:
Post a Comment