On Christmas Eve, Daddy and the kids made some Reindeer Food to make sure that Santa's crew was well fed on their trip around the world. After making the food, they spread it on our front lawn, so they'd be sure to find it.
Reindeer Food:
1 cup (per child) Oatmeal
sprinkle of sugar
glitter (so the reindeer can spot the food on the grass)
Aidan thoughtfully pondered the reindeer food and asked why there's glitter in it. He wasn't quite happy with the explanation that they needed to be able to find the food. He finally accepted my explanation that reindeer are magical creatures, and glitter is just a normal part of their diets. Phew!

After feeding the Reindeer, we read
The Night Before Christmas...I love that book! No Christmas Eve is complete without it. We put out some special cookies for Santa, and tucked in our little ones. Bob didn't even complain when I put It's a Wonderful Life on while we wrapped. These are the things I love, love, love about Christmas (well, at 3am, I wasn't feeling so jolly)!
If I look tired, I WAS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment