this is honestly one of the best fall desserts ever. i'm not a huge pumpkin pie fan, but love pumpkin, so i've set out looking for yummy dishes with pumpkin. this dessert is hard core...not for the faint of heart (or dieting). i made this for sunday dessert, and even though it's 80 outside, it still feels like fall to me! the bottom has this cakie/cookie-ish crust, then the top filling is a creamy pie like concoction. let me know if you try it!
Cake:
1 (18 oz) package yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 TB butter, melted
Filling:
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
8 TB butter, melted
1 (16 oz) box powdered sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine cake mix, egg and butter and mix well w/ electric mixer.
Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 baking pan.
To make filling: beat cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla and butter; beat. Add powdered sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
Spread pumpkin mixture over cake mixture and bake for 40-50 minutes.
Do not overbake — center should be a little gooey. Top with whipped cream!
variation which i have not yet tried, but sounds too good to be true:
Peanut Butter Cake. Use chocolate cake mix instead of yellow. add one cup creamy peanut butter to filling instead of pumpkin.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness. I shall be feeding this to the missionaries on Friday night! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe! I'm a total succa for this kind of dessert!
Did I really type "succa" ????
I meant SUCKA
That sounds delightful--that's right--delightful! Jenni's going to be one sad girl when she finds out that I made the dessert on Thursday night with the missionaries! Ha!Ha! J/K but I really do have the missionaries that night.
That cake was delicious!
Post a Comment