Tuesday, October 14, 2008

happy 13th anniversary

what can i say about this guy i love? he is my best friend. i still involuntarily smile when i see that it's him on the caller id. i look forward to when he gets home from work (and no, it's not just because i have help with the kids!). even though we're so different in so many ways, we love to spend time together. he is my rock... i know without a doubt that he will always be there to take care of me and our family. even though we are notorious bickerers, we never go to bed mad at each other, and he's always the first to apologize.

he's incredibly patient with all of my idiosyncrasies, and loves my family regardless of theirs! we've grown up together and i admire the man he's become — a great husband and a wonderful father. in the 16 years we've been together (do the math...that's 1992!) we've been through a lot: 2 (and a half!) college degrees, a move across the country (yes, he came here for me!), 2 trips to europe, 7 years working together (if you can survive that...), the birth of our 3 beautiful kids, and all that good and bad stuff in between that makes up our lives. i am thankful for all of it, and most of all, for him. happy 13th anniversary!

here's us in the early days! i had an awesome photo of us on the senior float (we weren't dating yet), but couldn't find our senior yearbook!


all grubby after a day of horseback riding at squints ranch. yes, that's my parents' orange vw bus in the background...it was almost my first car! were my eyebrows really that thick?


in front of bob's other "baby," his first car, a 1970 mustang. his little sister, courtney is now grown up and a mom herself!


circa 1994/1995

10 comments:

Jenni said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Thanks for taking us on a stroll down memory lane, I loved seeing you two 'back in the day'. What a ride you've been on together, here's to 13 more happy years!!!

futureman19 said...

happy anniversary! i know it's a little late but i really like what you wrote....I really hope I can find someone and be as happy as you guys are...I hope my marriage is anything like yours...I love you Oli....I remember your wedding vividly. :) love,Annie

Olivia W. said...

ok, so that brown blazer has HUGE shoulder pads! so glad those went out of style!

The Wallace Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I loved looking at all those pictures. Wishing you many more years together!!!

Unknown said...

O M G!!!! i'm speechless...trying to fight through it! :)) so crazy to see those pics! how can it be 13 years already?! man! happy anniversary!!! you guys are so awesome!

The Brugger Bunch said...

What a sweet and tender blog! I love the pictures of the two of you together, that is exactly how I remember you both! I had no idea that you were even dating in our Senior Year. I would love to hear your story some time! What a sweet little family that you have! Happy Anniversary!

Olivia W. said...

april,
thanks for checking it out! bob and i technically started dating a couple months after graduation...it was an unexpected turn of events, that's for sure!

Semiprecious1 said...

Ahhhhhhh, you guys are so freakin cute!! Didn't the early 90s rock? I am so happy that you guys are so happy. Being married to your best friend is truly a treasure beyond words. Love you guys! Happy Anniversary!!!

MUCH Love,
Amy

Karina said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Wow! It was soooo fun looking at your past photos. You guys really are a wonderful couple. Happy days!

The Bollwitts said...

Olivia that was just beautiful. We may not have the nicest house or the nicest clothes, but we have good men and we are happy. Love the pics.
Ok so about the shoulder pads, I remember the first time I found one of those in my mom's closet. I couldn't figure out what it was. I though she must have been stuffing her bra. Ya, that for sure needed to go out of style.