Friday, December 31, 2010

Jack, Cheeseball Preschooler Extraordinaire!

This just seemed like the right title to this photo...Jack specifically requested this pose for his first-day-of-school snapshot. Preschool has been a mixed bag for Jack this year — his best friend Owen was going to be in his class at Miss Sara's preschool, but then moved away. Which left Jack as the only boy in his class. Some days he's excited about school, some days, I can barely get him out of the car. Once he warms up, he usually gets with the program. As I get to know Jack's personality, I realize he's more and more like his Dad than I thought — Bob has to be talked into stuff, and is sometimes slow to warm up. The other day, Jack told me that he "hates Costco, because there are too many people." It was so totally Bob it was frightening.

Despite Jack's stubborn and slightly grumpy streak, he is such a lovable boy. He tells me he "wuzes" (loves) me "all day" and gives me hugs and kisses on demand. He is fiercely protective of his siblings (even though he's usually responsible for most of their frustration), and has a wicked sense of humor. He'll bust into a karate kicking and chopping frenzy at the most inopportune moments, and I just can't help laughing at it. Why can't he just stay three a little longer?

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Owen sure misses his pal! He starts preschool this Tuesday and is constantly talking about how Jack goes to school and how he wants to play with him! :(

I totally love this photo!