The day before Mia's birthday, our new American Girl doll store opened at the mall. I decided to surprise her with a visit, just to "look around." Bob and I hadn't decided if we were going to buy her one...they're just so expensive. Turned out that an opening of an American Girl store is a big red carpet event...we had to wait almost three hours just to get in the door. Mia invited Reese, her BFF, along to join in the fun.
Due to the long wait, we went home and got Jenni and Reese's big sister. We had to do some fast talking to get them in since we didn't have extra tickets.
Mia had enough of the photos and was trying to get out of the shot here...
Neither one of us was prepared for what was in store for us! The American Doll brand is quite an institution!
Of course, I couldn't resist, so I put in a call to Bob, and with a contribution from Grandma, we decided to buy Mia her first American Girl doll!
Mia and Lanie
Aidan made Mia a birthday poster to wake up to, along with all of her presents.
Birthday breakfast! Mia requested sausage, homemade cinnamon rolls and eggs.
Because we had spent so much on Lanie, I had to think fast and come up with a special present to open on her birthday that was inexpensive. I had some leftover material from a blanket I had Mia a few years ago, so I made a doll sized matching rag quilt.
We headed out to the zoo, one of Mia's favorite places. She's going to be a "zoo keeper" some day. We have a family membership, so we go as often as we can.
We met up with Grandpa Littlewood and Laurel.
Grandpa and Laurel offered us all camel rides. The boys took them up on it right away, but Mia needed some convincing. She finally got on and LOVED it.
After the zoo, we headed over to T-Rex, a favorite birthday spot. In fact, we go three times a year on all the kids' birthdays. Grandma and Uncle David came along.
This girl brings so much to our family. With Mia, there's never a dull moment. There's never a quiet moment either. I love her personality and all her little quirks — she cares so deeply about her friends and family and is so intensely excited about EVERYTHING. Happy Birthday Mia!
1 comment:
Love that you made the matching blankets--too cute! Did the backs have crazy X's?? hahaha
Post a Comment