It was Friday, the last day of school — Memorial Day weekend. And I was getting sick. Jenni could see it and sent me home from the last day of school party to go rest.
Fast forward through a weekend of high temps, chills, scary cough, and by Monday I had a diagnosis of pneumonia. Bad pneumonia. I started on what would be 3 rounds of antibiotics, 6 weeks of oral and inhaled steroids, and plenty of bed rest. I had no idea that I would not even be semi-functional for nearly 2 weeks, and almost functional at 3 weeks. By 4-5 weeks I was feeling a ton better, but even today after the entire summer, I still have junk in my chest. I am so fortunate to have my mom who came every day she was off to take care of me and the kids, and friends who brought meals and called to check up on us.
That same weekend I got sick, Mia had strep and a severe urinary tract infection — Bob had to make two trips to urgent care. In early June, Aidan got pneumonia. Three weeks later, Mia and Jack got pneumonia, and Bob got bronchitis. These bugs seriously messed with our summer vacation. We spent the majority of our summer at home getting everyone well, administered countless doses of antibiotics (both Mia & Aidan required two rounds), and missed out on more pool days and playdates than I care to count.
All better now — let's hope it stays that way!
1 comment:
Wow, I cannot believe all the stuff you guys went through this summer o'sickness. I'm glad everyone is on the mend, hopefully this one will go down on the books as a one time deal and you will enjoy a sickness free fall and winter!
Post a Comment