Christmas Eve is Bob's birthday, and this year I hate to admit that I came close to grounding him for being born the day before Christmas. Didn't he think about the lengths his future wife would have to go to, to make his birthday special and stand out from all the usual Christmas stuff? And the added expense of a birthday AND a Christmas present? All kidding aside, Bob's family always made his birthday special, so he absolutely loves having a Christmas Eve birthday. I have a lot to live up to.
We went to lunch at one of his favorite spots, Oklahoma Joe's...the Z-Man is to die for. It's KC barbecue at it's finest. After lunch, we tried to go see Avatar, but unfortunately it was sold out. So we hit Target and did a bit of last minute Christmas shopping. He's such a good sport.
Later that evening, I made him one of his favorite dishes, Hot German Potato Salad. After dinner, we started the Christmas Eve routine, which included making cookies for Santa, spreading Reindeer food outside and reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and Silent Night. Unfortunately, Aidan isn't in any of these photos because he was sick...he actually threw up that night and I feared that we'd be spending Christmas mopping up after kids with the stomach flu. Thank goodness for Christmas miracles — he woke up 100% better, and nobody else got it.
Bob's crazy jacket ruined every shot...
It snowed!!!
1 comment:
I think you should get revenues for that clever, yet subtle, product placement of Dr. Thunder in the first photo!
Post a Comment