Tuesday, September 2, 2008

mia's first day of school

we all knew that mia was ready for school from aidan's first day of preschool two years ago...she would've stayed if it was up to her. since then, she's become the unofficial class mascot in aidan's classes...she knows the teachers and kids by name, and makes sure they all know her. most days she would run ahead of us and announce to the class that "aidan's here!"

today was mia's first official day of preschool, and it just felt so natural, i didn't think twice about it, and i'm sure she didn't either. she wore one of her favorite pink dresses, her blue "cinderella" earrings amy made for her (they make her feel extra special) and her new sparkly tinkerbell backpack.

when i picked her up, she reported that mrs. ragomo (mia: "mrs. magomo") and her "teaching assistant" (mrs. doherty) were nice, and she had several new friends. and, she was a little shy (ya, right).

after i picked up the kids, mia got to choose lunch (burger king) and i gave them the cutest sugar cookies that i had slaved over late last night. ;-) i actually bought them at marshalls while they were at school...

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Hey I didn't see those cookies! I totally would have gotten my kids one! (Or I would have eaten it in the car while waiting in the carpool line to pick them up! HA!)

Ahhh, isn't it sooo nice to have a little break, even if it isn't a complete break (Jack! Owen!) from kids for a few hours each week????

Jenn said...

I found you! So fun to see pictures of Aidan too since I haven't gotten to meet him yet!

It has been so fun getting to know you...hopefully we can meet up again soon! Thanks for the invite today...Julia hasn't stopped talking about you guys since we got home :)

Jenn

Amy said...

CUTE!! Those cookies are seriously so awesome looking! You did a great job for a first day back to school snack! (sadly, I'm always forgetting the neat snack at home for 1st day!).