Whoever said, "keep it simple, stupid" was genius. I'm learning that keeping it simple means I get to keep my sanity, and when mama's sane, everyone's happier. When we went and had a baby a week before Christmas seven years ago, I did not anticipate the birthday party issues we would eventually have. Most everyone is overbooked, overworked, overspent and overweight (well, I know I am) during the month of December and fitting in one more event seems tantamount to torture. The week of Aidan's birthday was the busiest this month, so we decided to have a pizza and Wii party for Aidan the night before his birthday. I made up a quick digital email invitation a couple weeks before and told Aidan he could invite 5 friends. The day of the party, I went to the dollar store for plates/napkins/decorations (a banner). I ordered three $6 pizzas from Cici's. Baked a dozen cupcakes and used (gasp!) store-bought frosting. Since it's the dead of winter the activity of choice was an hour of Wii play. The party was a blast, and Aidan loved it.
The boys were BIG eaters!
Ben 10 was in full effect on the Wii...
Boys and video games...
No comments:
Post a Comment